Herold Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement explains our practices, including your choices, regarding the collection, use and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information by Herold.
If you have general questions about your account or how to contact Herold for assistance, please email Herold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data controller of your personal information is Energy & Weather Forecasting, LLC (“Herold”), which also provides the service to you. Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours we many need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide to us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
- Your name, email address, address or postal code and payment method. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our help desk, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- GPS (locational) information for a certain geographical location which you desire to receive information on through the Herold services
- Information when you choose to provide reviews, user settings, account settings, or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you and your use of our service and your interactions with us and our advertising. This information includes:
- Details of your interactions with our help desk, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, and if you call us, your phone number.
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest-based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. For instance, when you return to the Herold service, cookies identify you and prompt the site to provide your username (not your password), so you can sign in more quickly. We use information gained through cookies to compile statistical information about use of our service, such as the time users spend at the site. These statistics will not contain your personal information.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Access to Your Account and Profiles
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the Herold service, we use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the Herold service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by logging out of the website after each use.
Your Information and Rights
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “User Settings” portion of our website, where you can have the ability to access and update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information, your payment information, and various related information about your account. You must be signed in to access “User Settings.” You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you.
To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may reject requests that are unreasonable or not required by law, including those that would be extremely impractical, could require disproportionate technical effort, or could expose us to operational risks such as free trial fraud. We may retain information as required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations, including to honor your choices, for our billing or records purposes and to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to have a Herold account. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will provide notice of any such changes (including when they will take effect) in accordance with law. Your continued use of the Herold service after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this Privacy Statement, you may cancel your use of the Herold service.